Halloween can be a stressful, and even dangerous, holiday for your cat. Be sure to follow the following precautions:
- Keep your cats inside away from Halloween activity and be sure they are wearing collars with ID tags in case they get out of the house.
- Keep candy out of your cats’ reach.
- Chocolate is toxic to cats and can be lethal.
- Used candy sticks can pose a serious hazard to your cat – lollipop and candy-apple sticks can get stuck in a cat’s throat or perforate the stomach or bowels.
- Trash all candy wrappers- they can obstruct and irritate the digestive system if swallowed.
- Resist the urge to put your cat in a costume – It can cause unnecessary stress.
- Keep your cats away from decorations – Candles and hanging decorations can be dangerous.
- Keep black cats safely indoors because they may be the target of pranksters.
We at the Cat Hospital wish you a Safe and Happy Halloween!
In the spirit of Halloween, check out the following spooky ghost books:
Ghost Cats of the South by Randy Russell
Ghost Cats by Dusty Rainbolt
Ghosts of Virginia series by L.B. Taylor, Jr.